There are two ways to stop your articles in SmartNews: 1) via the SmartNews Insights dashboard; or 2) via SmartFormat.
Here’s how each works:
1) Insights dashboard
- Log into SmartNews Insights.
- Click “Current Status” in the left sidebar.
- Browse through the list of your articles currently being delivered to SmartNews users. When you find the article you want to stop, click the Stop button.
- If you don’t find the article you are looking for, put the full URL (including the https://) into the URL search window at the top of the screen, then click the Stop button.
Note: It may take several minutes for the article to be pulled back from the app due to caching on mobile phones.
- Change <media:status> of the relevant item (<entry> if using Atom) in your SmartFormat feed to deleted.
- Update the <pubDate> (<updated> if using Atom) value of the article you wish to stop. Once SmartNews reads this feed item, the newer <pubDate> will trigger the stop.
It may take several minutes for the article to be pulled back from the app due to caching on your mobile phone as well, as depending on when the feed is refreshed. Feeds are refreshed according to the TTL ("time to live") element specified in your SmartFormat feed.